Monday, October 17, 2016

Church Fail

So yesterday we attempted church for the second time...not an easy task with a one-month old and a mom who can rarely get herself ready on time. We need it more than anyone...if you remember those early days w a newborn...you know what I mean. We managed to get there right as worship was wrapping up and we weren't going to go in during worship anyway with the baby bc of his newborn ears. Btw-we also would not consider putting him in the nursery w his still building immune system. So we pulled up a couple chairs in the back as we have seen others w babies do...to be as far away from the speakers as possible and to be able to scoot out quickly if he cried...which he did bc he feeds every two hours and it can't be timed exactly right to make it straight through the service. Some of you know the struggle! So we are approached by a nice man about my age who I can tell was put up to it by someone who was in charge. He told us they are trying to get everyone to sit in the main seating area. I responded as nicely as possible that oh ok...so yeah we just thought it might help to sit further back because of the speakers...bc our son is only one month old. He responded with kind of a blank stare...like to say...we still don't want you to sit back here. Just so you know...we weren't taking up any chairs that were needed somewhere else nor were we in the way of any operation. So I was like...yeah sure, we can try sitting on the back row...so we moved. Later, I started replaying this incident and just laughed at how ridiculous church and religiosity can be when people are just trying to find Jesus. Thank God I know Him and that the church and Christians fail all the time...but more than we need to. And if I didn't know Him or it was my first time at this church...I'm sure to feel like Jesus cares more about how I look and where I sit and how proper I am...when he just wants us to fall dirty, broken, frazzled, and open-hearted at his feet, where His cleansing blood is all we need. And I probably wouldn't go back to this church. If you work at a church or you are a Christian....please take note and don't be ridiculous. Jesus doesn't care much about where we sit among many other things we prioritize in our lives and in the building we show up on Sunday and call "church." #weforgave

“But Jesus called them to Him and said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.”
Luke 18:16 NKJV

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise.”
Psalms 51:17 NKJV


No comments:

Post a Comment